Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review of Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Title: Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry #2)
Author: Simone Elkeles
Published by: Walker & Company
Pages: 324
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Rating: ★★★★★

Summary from GoodreadsWhen Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

First we met Alex and now it's his brother Carlos' turn.  If you though Perfect Chemistry was HOTT, than Rules of Attraction (along with Carlos) is scorching sexy! 

Carlos Fuentes is confident, cocky and hates to be told what to do.  He feels as if everyone is trying to run his life and he resents it.  Surprisingly, his cocky attitude was incredibly sexy.  His smart-ass remarks had me laughing out loud and wanting more.  Just when I thought my heart belonged to the older Fuentes brother, Carlos found his way in and stole a piece for himself...it’s all good, the more the merrier. 

Carlos and Kiara's relationship was provoking and risqué.  They challenged each other and brought out the best and sometimes the worst of one another.  The sexual tension was so evident it lept off the pages.   

I also have to give a shout-out to Tuck too, who was the best gay best-friend ever!  WooHoo!  Tuck's Homecoming kit he gives Kiara is so funny and touching. 

Even though the plot line is similar to the first novel in the series this book was just as good.  There is just something provocative about forbidden love with the bad boy and the good girl. 
  Check out the book trailer for Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

6 comments:

  1. ooooh, I love the trailer, they did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too. You're totally right, despite the familiar plot line, it just works - there's something so enticing about a forbidden love affair.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm grinning like a fool while reading this review, because I felt the same! I thought I belonged to Alex, but Carlos...with his cocky, sexy attitude... SWOON!

    I wonder what kind of affect Luis will have on me. I still think of him as a kid brother. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Another AMAZING review of one of her books. I don't think I can keep you. Thanks for the review and hopefully I can get to one of these soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great. I really liked Perfect Chemistry. I need to finish up the series. Carlos sounds like a fun guy. I'd like his smart-aleck comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Fuentes brothers and this was an awesome follow up to Perfect Chemistry. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.