Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review of Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz

Title: Revelations (Blue Bloods #3)
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Published by: Hyperion
Pages: 264
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Rating: ★★★

Summary from Goodreads: Schuyler Van Alen's blood legacy has just been called into question--is the young vampire in fact a Blue Blood, or is it the sinister Silver Blood that runs through her veins? As controversy swirls, Schuyler is left stranded in the Force household, trapped under the same roof as her cunning nemesis, Mimi Force, and her forbidden crush, Jack Force.

When one of the Gates of Hell is breached by Silver Bloods in Rio de Janeiro, however, the Blue Bloods will need Schuyler on their side. The stakes are high; the battle is bloody; and through it all, Carnavale rages on. And in the end, one vampire's secret identity will be exposed in a revelation that shocks everyone.

After the last Blue Blood book, Masquerade, I was a little disappointed in Jack (who is supposed to be the kind, extremely hot hero) so it took me a while to pick up this book.  I wanted to read a paranormal book in honor of the upcoming holiday and I needed a little vampire fix.

This novel had some twists and turns that that left shocked and confused all at once.  One of my pet peeves about books it being lost or confused when reading.  I consider myself a smart girl so when I don't gets something or I feel like information is missing I get frustrated. 

Other than that though I enjoyed the book.  Schuyler actions annoyed me for a while and then I reminded myself that she is a 15 year old girl and is going to have raging hormones and sometimes act without thinking of the consequences.  She has had to grow up and mature so much in the last couple of novels that she actually does amaze me in how mature and kind she really is. 

Wow...what a wickedly crazy twist.  This ending rocked in a completely "Oh my f-ing word...did that really just happen" kind of way.  I am so thankful that I started this series late and the next book is out already, because it is not something I want to wait for after that cliffhanger.     

1 comment:

  1. Revelations is the third book in the Blue Bloods, which is in fact based on vampires.This story takes place in the present in the wonderful city of New York. The story is told throught the perspective of young Blue Bloods or vampires. The main characters are Schuyler Van Alen, Mimi and Jack Force, Bliss Llewlyn, and Oliver Hazard-Perry.This story talks about Schuyler's secret affair with Jack, not only that but the danger of Silver bloods, who are corrupted Blue Bloods under Lucifer's comman

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.