Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Seven Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

1.  Liz Berry.  She wrote a novel called The China Garden that I read over ten years ago.  It was amazing and one of the first novels I ever read that had some sort of magical element involved.  Now I wait this many years later and I haven't heard of her publishing another novel.  Whoa to me! 

2. J. K. Rowling.  She is such an amazing author that I would love to read another series or novel by her.  I don't think I want anymore Harry Potter novels, because I feel the series is perfect as is, but another type of novel would be great.  She has so much talent and it would be wasteful not to share it.

3. Melina Marchetta.  I don't think she really counts because she has had two books released not that long ago.  I just love her novel so much that even if she wrote a novel every month I don't think I would ever get enough. 

4. Stephanie Meyer.  I'm waiting on a certain novel that was started, accidentally released, and then refused to be finished.  Yea...we all know the one.  Where is it?  Don't you think your fans deserve this novel.  If not...then what happened to The Host being a series? 

5. Anne Fortier.  She wrote this amazing novel called Juliet about a girl who was related to the original Juliet and she goes on a journey to discover the real story behind Romeo and Juliet.  I fell in love with this novel.  It is truly amazing. 

6. Diane Setterfield.  I adored The Thirteenth Tale.  It is a wonderful mix of literary fiction, the classics, and a touch of mystery. 

7. Simone Elkeles.  This lady knows how to write a sexy YA novel.  She has the perfect combination of innocence and desire.  I would like to formally request a new series and if perhaps Simone Elkeles wants to name her main character Lisa and have that said main character meet a slightly dangerous, slightly charming, and full out sexy man all the better!  *giggles*

3 comments:

  1. Great list! The China Garden is on my TBR list for this month. I agree with J.K. Rowling and Diane Setterfield! I'm waiting for The Host book #2 too! Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not agree more with 2, 4 & 6. JK Rowling needs to write something else! And I need to know what happens next for Melanie, Wanderer, Jared & Ian. And I also loved The Thirteenth Tale-what a beautiful piece of work that was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Melina Marchetta. Why did I forget about her. She's so good! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.