Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Night Date Night

Friday Night Date Night is a feature on my blog that showcases movie review (mostly movies that were adapted from books).  Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of chillin with the girls.
The other day I picked up Cinder by Marissa Meyer and it got me thinking about all the fairy tale retellings happening in YA literature.  I figured what a perfect time to watch The Grimm Brothers.
 
While I usually enjoy any movie featuring Matt Damon and Heath Ledger, this movie wasn't for me.  I never really understood what was happening or what was real or not.  Frankly, it was confusing and not an enjoyable movie watching experience for me.
 
I did, however, like the small bits of the classic fairy tales that were involved.  I liked guessing at which scene or action matched with each fairy tale.  It was almost like a puzzle or quiz for me.  
 
As for the acting I did enjoy but Matt Damon as William Grimm and Heath Ledger as Jacob Grimm.  I loved that Jacob was a dreamer and really believed in all the magic behind fairy tales.  I wish Will would have believed in his brother more and not put him down so much.    
 
There were a couple of things beside the confusion that I didn't enjoy.  I'm not much for creepy bugs and this movie had a lot of them.  They were enchanted and 10 times worse then your normal creepy bugs (which scare the living daylights out of me anyway).  Yuck!  I also didn't like the cruelty towards the horses in a couple of scenes.  It made me really sad and I actually almost turned off the movie because of this.  
 
Has anyone else seen this movie?  If so, what did you think?
 
Want to see more?
 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this movie and I don't think that I've even heard of it! Sorry it was confusing!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.