Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Night Date Night

Friday Night Date Night is a feature on my blog that showcases movie review (mostly movies that were adapted from books).  Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of chillin with the girls.
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
When I first saw previews for this movie I was really disappointed.  None of the actors fit the images I had of these characters in my mind.  My besties and I decided last Friday night we were going to have a girls night and do dinner and a movie.  Since we have all read One for the Money that's what we decided to see.
First when we got there a bunch of older ladies and their husbands were walking out of the theater.  It was really cute because each of the women were explaining different aspects of the novels to their husbands.  They all seemed to be happy and were smiling so we decided the movie couldn't have been that bad.
 
I don't know if it helped that I had such low expectations, but this movie didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The actors grew on me after a while (though I'm still not a huge fan of Katherine Heigl as Stephanie Plum) but Ranger was a lot more talkative than he was in the book and Stephanie dressed a lot cuter in the movie. 
This movie was packed with action, adventure, and lots of laughs.  They left out some material from the novel but that is to be expected and actually some of it I'm glad they left off, because I'm scared it would have been to graphic in movie form. 
 
Overall, I enjoyed the movie and I'm curious to find out if they will continue on with the series or not.
 
Want to learn more?
 

3 comments:

  1. RANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't read the books yet, but I fell in love with Ranger in the movie, so now I really want to read the books. It's kind of disappointing to find out that he doesn't talk much in the books. How will I make do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missie-This is a great series to listen to. I know you're into audio books now and I really enjoyed listening to them.

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely excited to go see this movie. I haven't read the books but I'm still sure that I'll enjoy it either way. Thanks for the post, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.