Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Spring Fever: Top Ten Five Books I'd Play Hooky With

1. The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth.  I'm reading this book right now and I really like it.  I wish I could either stay up all night or take off today just to finish it.
The Miseducation of Cameron Post
2. Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley.  I have been wanting to read this novel ever since I finished Gone With the Wind.  I couldn't believe that Scarlett and Rhett's story ended the way it did and I wanted more.  I've had this book for awhile so a day off would be the perfect time to start it. 
Scarlett
3. Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar.  This would be the perfect beach read for my day of playing hooky.  Too bad the beach is right next to where I work.  Maybe if I wear a big floppy hat and dark sunglasses, no one will know it's the girl who called in 'sick.'
Cum Laude
4. Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian.  This book is sure to be scorching sexy.  This way I won't be lying when I call in and tell them I have a fever!
Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed,  #1)
5. Lord of Misrule by Rachel Cain.  It would be worth calling in just so I can catch up with this series.  What a better way to play hooky than with a vamp.  It's not like they can typically come out it daytime normally. 

Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)

4 comments:

  1. Great list, number 1 and 2, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Miseducation of Cameron Post sounds really interesting. (And sad that your work is right by the beach! I would want to take off early all the time) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic list! Would love for you to stop by and check out my Top Ten. Now following you via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This way I won't be lying when I call in and tell them I have a fever!"

    LMAO!!! So true. And yes, I'm sure if you were a big hat and sunglasses, no one will recognize you.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.