Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Night Date Night

Friday Night Date Night is a feature on my blog that showcases movie review (mostly movies that were adapted from books). Hopefully some of these reviews will help you decide what to watch on your date night or a night of relaxing at home.
From Goodreads
I've never been a huge boxing fan but I've always thought boxing movies were pretty inspirational, once you got past the fighting, blood, brain trauma and all that.  Ok, I'm lying.  I am not a fan of violence so even when it suppose to be inspirational I am usually cringing and peeking through my hands for half of the movie.  I don't know why I subject myself to them, but once again I did.
From moviesuggestions.net
The Fighter follows the career of Micky Ward and his struggles to make it to the top.  Micky has a lot of family issues which drove me nuts.  I wasn't a fan of his family, with the exception of his dad.  I thought they were crazy and not very supportive.  Mark Wahlberg did a great job playing Micky.  He brought to life the struggle of wanting to make it big, but having to deal with a certifiable family at the same time. 
There was a lot of swearing in this movie and it was quite vulgar.  I know the movie was based on Micky Ward's life and I guess I never knew just how messed up it was.  While I did think the movie was well done, this is not my kind of movie.  I know this is just my preference in movies, and if you like grittier, edgier, real life movies this one may be for you. 
Wanna see more?
  

1 comment:

  1. This was definitely a tough movie in more than one way...but the acting was top notch in my book!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.