Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Today I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Blogs/Sites You Read That AREN'T about Books :

I really enjoy cooking and fashion, but both areas I need a little help in.  Therefore, what a better place to look than the blogging community.  Below are some of my favorites.

Food Blogs:

1. This Week for Dinner.  The author of this blog posts a weekly menu and asks others for their menu as well.  She also posts info about food products and amazing recipes.

2. Skinnytaste.  I just discovered this blog through Pinterest and I have already made three of her recipes and I've loved every one of them.  The greatest thing is that they are all low calorie recipes!  Try the Skinny No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie.  It is AMAZING!

3. For the Love of Cooking.  I have followed this blog for a while and I love her recipes.  I have tried many and she always gives me great ideas to switch up some of the regular dinners.  Yesterday's post was Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Maple-Cinnamon Glaze.  Are you drooling yet?

 

Fashion Blogs:

4. November Grey.  I love this blog because the author throws together thrifted pieces with high end items so seamlessly.  She has great tutorials and also includes beauty tips and recipes. 

5. a fashion love affair.  I just love looking at her outfits.  They are so flippin cute. 

6. Sunset and 5th.  I love the cosmetics tips on this blog.  She varies her post about outfits, accessories, and skin care products.   

7. J's Everday Fashion.  The author is always showcasing the latest trends and will match her outfit to a model wearing the look.  It kind of reminds me of the show "The Look for Less" since most of her pieces are more affordable then the original outfit. 

8. Belle de Coutour.  This blog has the most variety of outfits I've seen.  She pieces together a lot of thrifted items, but also showcases style icons and other tips. 

 

Others sites I love:

9. Pinterest.  If you are not on this site you seriously need to sign up today.  It is so amazing! 

10. Etsy.  You can find everything on Etsy.  The greatest thing is that most items are homemade and not from a chain store! 

2 comments:

  1. Pinterest and Etsy are amazing time-suckers :) Love them though!
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed from your profile that we are neighbors. I'm in Racine. Howdy Wisconsinite :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.