Thursday, December 5, 2013

Audio Review: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare

Title: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Narrator: Ed Westwick and Heather Lind
Published by: Simon & Schuster Audio
Length: 15hrs., 39 mins
Source: Library
Format: Audio
Rating: 4 stars

Summary from Goodreads: The situation at the London Institute has never been more precarious. With Mortmain and his clockwork army still threatening, the Council wants to strip Charlotte of her power and hand the running of the Enclave over to the unscrupulous and power-hungry Benedict Lightwood. In the hope of saving Charlotte and the Institute, Will, Jem, and Tessa set out to unravel the secrets of Mortmain’s past—and discover unsettling Shadowhunter connections that hold the key not only to the enemy’s motivations, but also to the secret of Tessa’s identity. Tessa, already caught between the affections of Will and Jem, finds herself with another choice to make when she learns how the Shadowhunters helped make her a “monster.” Will she turn from them to her brother, Nate, who has been begging her to join him at Mortmain’s side? Where will her loyalties—and love—lie? Tessa alone can choose to save the Shadowhunters of London…or end them forever.

Clockwork Prince defies the sophomore slump and unfolds a tale of intrigue, action, and heartbreak.

I have to admit that I wasn't a huge fan of Clockwork Angel and I didn't think I would continue TID series, however, when it was released that Ed Westwick would be reading the audio for Clockwork Prince how could I say no?  Seriously, listen to this demo.  I don't care what the story is, if Ed Westwick is the narrator I'm listening to it.     

Besides the audio being amazing, the story itself was so much better than the first.  I was enraptured by the characters, as they didn't feel as stiff or as forced as they did in the first novel.  However, as bad as it sounds, I still am not a fan of Tessa.  She is the kind of person that everyone wants to help and protect, and she isn't deceitful or anything, but she puts herself and others in situations that are dangerous, cruel, and complicated.  As much as she tries to be strong and independent, I just see her as a weak person that unknowingly and unintentionally manipulates others.  She doesn't do any of this on purpose and I'm sure she is loved by many people, she was just not my type of heroine.  Then there is he love triangle between her, Jem, and Will.  It really becomes more prominent in Clockwork Prince and only serves to become an entangled mess that makes me very scared how Cassandra Clare is going to work her way out of it.

The plot is a bit more intense in this novel and the action increases multi-fold.  More secrets and mysteries are discovered leading to Mortmain's plans and the downfall of the Shadowhunters.   The characters are what makes this series, but the action is an added bonus to keep you on your toes and always wondering what was going to happen next.

All-in-all, Clockwork Prince exceeded my expectations and while I'm a bit nauseous over the idea of how Cassandra Clare is going to work out Tessa's love life, I'm still excited to read Clockwork Princess


22 comments:

  1. I love a good audio book and this one sounds great. I checked out the demo and the narrator is excellent! I haven't read this series yet- but I will see if I can get the audio to listen to soon. Great review!

    Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are well! I want to listen to this series on audio but my library doesn't have the first book. Le Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done affluence of brownish armored figs, but, lately, I've basal to acrylic up some accomplishments to accessory like beforehand brownish statues. I apperceive the accessory I want, but I admission no assimilation how to get it.
    Wholesale gold chains

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.
    orthodontic treatment in india

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the book paper to the audio version. I enjoy every detail and read interesting chapters again whenever I want.

    My website @ certificate tefl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Users can connect with the professionals to attain instant help and support via Dell printer support number. The techies are available to completely rectify all concerns that have been existing in Dell permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HP printer support is active helpline that is available round the clock to resolve Hp printer problems. If you face any problem with your printer like device is not working properly, paper jamming issue, cable wire problem and others then reach experts of HP Printer Support and get instant help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Al-Tamayoz Al-Janoubi Company for Home Services Cleanliness is one of the most important things that a person must pay attention to in order to protect the public health from the diseases that may affect the person because of the presence of piles of garbage, which may be close to the place of residence. The external environment is polluted and filled with very harmful microbes. The cleaning world is better than the treatment, and we in our company provide all our customers unlimited services, cleaning world, whether cleaning apartments, villas, houses, mosques, public institutions, government, companies, offices, Whatever you want to clean, we provide you with the fullest We have the best trained workers who do all types of cleaning.
    شركة تنظيف منازل بخميس مشيط
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط
    شركة تنظيف بابها
    شركة تنظيف فلل بابها
    شركة تنظيف منازل بابها
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بابها
    التميز الجنوبي







    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for spending time to write this blog article, i must say you are a excellent and talented blogger, I Found This Article To Be Very Informative and Helpful, please keep sharing such amazing blogs I am a Accountant from United States of America, Washington Dc, and I Love to read and Write Blog.
    Some Of My Web Blogs Awesome Blog Post Please Feel Free to Check Out My Blog you will find the process of Norton software installation with step by step instructions and much more.

    Keep Sharing will come back to read more,

    Click to Process

    norton.com/setup download and install
    norton.com/setup enter product key
    www.norton.com/setup
    login.norton.com
    my.norton.com
    norton.com/setup
    norton.com/setup activate
    norton.com/setup install
    norton.com/setup help
    norton.com/setup renewals
    norton.com/enroll product key

    ReplyDelete
  11. PayPal is one of the trusted digital payment platforms that has made peer to peer (P2P) transactions faster and more convenient. PayPal also facilitates e-commerce business, as most of the sites are using PayPal as the default payment system. The platform allows individuals to send and receive money and shop globally.PayPal login


    Just take a few minutes to sign in to PayPal for free and then you are ready to go! Shop or pay bills online with ease and confidence because all you have to do is tap PayPal login.
    Known for its upgraded security, 180-day refund window, and strict policies against malicious activities, PayPal lets you make international transactions online, be it buying stuff from the leading brands, food delivery, digital pharmacy, or DTH recharges.


    www.amazom.com/mytv - you merely unboxed a fresh Amazon device and are excited to research -- just how can you begin? Discover how to connect your devices to Prime so that you can easily see and listen to exclusive Prime manhood content from anywhere. You simply have to make amazon accounts and activate them using the amazon my television activation code.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tubi is just a 100% free, 100% valid buffering support. ... If you utilize Tubi, you wont obtain any security warnings, including pop ups, malware, or redirects to malicious websites. Additionally you wont be requested to employ a VPN because, unlike other complimentary video-streaming apps/sites, we're safe and legal.
    tubi.tv/activate | tubi.tv/activate enter code | tubi.tv/activate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou for sharing amazing post and It is such a nice and great post. It is very helpful and informative article for me and keep sharing such a nice and great content with us.
    get YouTube likes
    buy YouTube likes India

    ReplyDelete

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.