Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Audio Review: Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire

Title: Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)
Author: Jamie McGuire
Narrator: Dan Bittner
Published by: Simon and Schuster Audio
Length: 11 hrs. 26 min
Source: Publisher*
Format: Audio
Rating: 2.5 stars


Summary from Goodreads: Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

 Explosive, sexy, and a bit unsettling.


The whole thought of reading the same story from two different points of views is quite interesting.  When you really like characters you want more of them, but the story itself may not lead to being part of a series, so instead Jamie McGuire took her story and gave us Travis's POV. 

Was Walking Disaster as good as Beautiful Disaster?  It is hard to say, because the essential story is the same we just hear it from Travis's head, which I have to say can be a scary place to be.  I enjoyed Beautiful Disaster, but I had an issue with Travis's and Abby's somewhat unhealthy relationship.  Walking Disaster only brings that out more for me.  Travis was very possessive and at times controlling.  Normally I love books from male POVs, but with Dan Bittner sounding exactly like I imagined Travis would (cockiness and all) Walking Disaster just made me too uncomfortable.

Besides their somewhat train-wreck of a relationship, the rest of the story was just as enjoyable as the original.  Jamie McGuire sure knows how to turn up the heat.  Listening to the audio at times almost felt a little uncomfortable with the scorching sex scenes.  I would at times look to the person next to me at the gym and think "if they only knew what I was listening to right now?"  

The one thing I really enjoyed about the book was the prologue and epilogue.  They were intriguing and wrapped up some loose ends.  I don't want to give too much away, but I love how they added to the story and enriched it.

Walking Disaster is sure to keep Jamie McGuire fans happy and satisfied.  However, for me Travis was just too intense, but if you enjoyed Beautiful Disaster I think you will enjoy Walking Disaster as well.   

*I did receive this audio for review, but I was not compensated for this post in anyway and all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

I love love love hearing your wonderful thoughts! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.